Thanks to a representative from the Oral-B company, I have learned about the importance of having a toothbrush designed for the stage that they are currently at and I also learned how to continue to teach my children to brush correctly. It is important to teach our children good oral hygiene, which includes correct brushing and flossing techniques, along with using a toothbrush that is designed for their current age.
EDIT: There was a video that I am not able to embed for some reason! Check out the video here that was taken at a blogger event in New York that features some great information from Dr. Jennifer Salzer, M.D., who is a dentist and a mother too.
I did appreciate the information that was included in this video. I was given a toothbrush for each of my children to "try out" and I have to agree - they really love the character that is on their toothbrush! They look forward to Pooh or Tigger "helping them brush their teeth"!
Here are a few other tips that Oral-B Stages put together to "Make Brushing Fun"
- Brush your teeth with your child to set a good example. This also helps your child to learn by watching and imitating you.
- Choose toothbrushes and toothpaste with popular kids’ characters, like Oral-B Stages, to help establish positive oral care routines with familiar friends like Winnie the Pooh or Disney Princesses.
- Sing your child’s favorite song, such as “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star,” for two minutes to encourage brushing for the dentist-recommended time. For older children, play a song from their favorite pop singer for two minutes.
- Making your child’s brushing routine fun will encourage proper habits early and help prevent oral care issues later in life.
- For more information please visit, http://www.oralb.com/en-US/smilestages/
To educate parents about children’s oral health, Oral-B Stages and Scrapblog.com have partnered to provide parents a unique and easy way to document key ‘Smile-Stages’ in their children’s oral health development. Smile-Stages are important milestones in children’s oral health development, such as their first smile or the loss of their first tooth. A Smile-Stage is also a specific time of year when children’s oral health is especially important, like Christmas. Now that Christmas is over and parents have all those adorable photos of their kids in their Christmas best, parents can capture their children’s best Smile-Stages moments by visiting www.oralb.com/smilestagesand creating personalized multimedia scrapbooks that can be viewed and shared online. Be sure to check it out, if you are interested in making one!
Now, for the GIVEAWAY:
A representative for the Oral-B company will be giving one of my readers with a gift pack filled with Oral-B products to try out! It will most likely look like the gift pack that is pictured above. How cool is that!
All that you need to do to enter is submit a comment which includes a way for me to contact you (either an email address or through your blog). This is open to bloggers and nonbloggers. Only one comment per person.
Comments will be closed on Friday, January 29th by 5pm. I will then choose a winner and contact that person!