Happy New Year! Since 2006, the new year always starts off with a "Bang" and lots of cake in our home! On January 2, 2006, our first son was born! Two years and 6 days later, our second son was born on January 8th! I have already made 3 birthday "treats" - a double layered cake for New Years' Day, an Oreo cookie dessert for January 2nd, and cupcakes for my son to share with his classmates today (January 3rd)! I am glad that there is a little break for the cake making...but there are at least 4 more cakes/desserts that I will be making. Yes, FOUR! If you want to know why there are four, here is your answer: one for our January 8th birthday, each son will have a birthday party later in January (so, that is 2 more) and then we will be celebrating the boys' birthdays with one set of grandparents on another day! That is a LOT of sugar!
When kids are eating SO MUCH SUGAR, you can't help but think about their teeth, and making sure that they brush! Crest and Oral-B recently sent me some toothbrushes, toothpaste and flossers for my kids to try out. Let me tell you, my kids are SO excited to get new, cool toothbrushes and I think that it also makes them want to brush their teeth.
|Isn't he a cutie!!!|
1. Brush as quickly as you can after you eat. If you cannot brush right away, then be sure to rinse/swish your mouth out with water as soon as you are able to.
2. When choosing foods to serve at a party or a snack, fruit and cheese are better options than chips and crackers - which may stay in your teeth longer and lead to tooth decay.
Are you ready for a GIVEAWAY???
Crest and Oral-B would like to give one of my readers the chance to win a toothbrush, toothpaste and flossers that are age appropriate for your child!
GIVEAWAY: You may enter the giveaway by completely one or all of the following:
1. Entry #1 - This Entry is required: Leave a comment telling me what your favorite snack it, how old your child is and gender of child.
2. Entry #2 - Like Crest on facebook. Leave a separate comment telling me that you did this.
3. Entry #3 - Like Oral- B on facebook. Leave a separate comment telling me that you did this.
4. Entry #4 - Share this giveaway on facebook - be sure that there is a link to this post. Leave a separate comment telling me that you did this.
This giveaway will be open until Thursday, January 10th at 10pm EST and is open to all residents of the USA.
Note: Crest/Oral-B did supply our family with their products, but all comments and review of the products are completely mine!