Tuesday, December 11, 2007

More "Chalk" Please

Today, I had my 37 week appointment, and one of my good friends watched Brady. She has two little kiddos of her own and all of the kids play together really well.

While I was gone, the kids drew on the wall in her kitchen that has chalkboard paint on it - which I think is a GREAT idea!!! Brady had a great time drawing and just a lot of fun playing.

When we went to leave, my friend gave Brady a little Ziploc bag with 10 mini marshmallows in it. I have never given Brady a marshmallow before, so I was interested to see what he was going to do with it.

He took two marshmallows out and gave the bag back to my friend. She was telling him that he could keep the bag. So, he then put the marshmallows back into the bag. At that point, I told my friend that he has never eaten a marshmallow before, and I was interested to see what he would do with it (I did not mind him eating them). So, Brady went ahead and took a marshmallow out and proceeded to go over to the chalkboard area of the wall and tried to draw with it - he thought that it was chalk!

The marshmallow was squished onto the wall at this point, so I took it away from him and told him that he could eat the marshmallows. My friend and I started to chuckle and said out loud, "he thought it was chalk." At the same moment, Brady ate one of the marshmallows and said,
"Mmm, more chalk please?"

It was so cute! I then told him that it was called a marshmallow (so that he would not think that chalk was edible!), and he ate the other nine in the car!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny story

Hands-Free Heart said...

It makes perfect sense, doesn't it? So cute! Still, you'll probably have to watch that he doesn't eat chalk next time :) Come to think of it, my Fuzzy Wuzzy has eaten sidewalk chalk more than once... I think it was a hot pink color both times!