Well, this is as close as I am coming to nesting. My sister thinks that I am at this stage, but I think that I am just trying to get things done.
When I think of nesting, I hear that people get these bursts of energy and are running around the house cleaning like a maniac - or something like that.
Those bursts of energy - hasn't happened...but, I still need to try and get things prepared and ready because:
1. Christmas Eve and Christmas is coming (3-4 days away). We spend Christmas Eve with Dawson's family and Christmas day with mine
2. Brady's birthday is coming (I have not planned the party yet - that will be at the end of January at some point)
3. The baby is coming (somewhere around 12 days away)
So, there have been LOTS of things that I have had to do and still have to do like:
1. Buy presents for family members, which I believe is all completed, and birthday presents for Brady, and welcome baby presents, and I am glad that you are my big brother present (a new train) and I am glad that you are my little brother present (a little bib and blanket)
2. Send presents up to MA to Dawson's grandparents via Nanny and Grandpa - including a little baking and a little candy making. This is completed
3. Make a few extra meals to store in the freezer
4. Do some shopping for things that we will be running out of soon, and knowing that I really do not want to go to the store too much more if possible - this is basically done too
5. Continue to work on the birth announcements - yes, they are still not completed, but almost! I need to add a Bible verse and then put the front together. It should be done by this weekend (before Christmas anyway)
6. Try to clean up areas in the house that got a little out of control - due to presents being "dumped" there - they still need to be wrapped
7. Trying to keep up with laundry!
We still need to:
1. Finish painting the trim in Brady's new room - hopefully Dawson can work on this tonight - he has been great with the painting, but also tired too.
2. Move Brady into his big boy room
3. Make a few more meals
4. Finish the announcements and wrap gifts (see #5 and 6 above)
5. Pack for the hospital! I at least started this!
6. Bring the baby clothes up from the basement
So, there is much to do and I have been doing a little bit here and there, but no bursts of energy. I have actually been tired lately, and I feel that more of this should already be done, but when I do not have the energy to do something, I cannot always get myself to do it.
On another note - I had my doctor appointment today and I will tell you that my body still has a ways to go before this little boy is delivered...which is good news to my list above!