Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My Foot Surgery

It is pretty amazing that I have not posted anything for about a month - and to be fair, I really have not posted much for the past few months! It's not that there is nothing to write about...because there is! However, taking the time to sit down and write has not been a top priority for me lately! Sometimes, you just have to take a break! I don't want to say that I am back, because I don't want to get all 2 of my readers too excited, but I will say that I am going to try and post something a little more often!

My most recent happening has been my foot surgery on October 23rd. It's a long story that I will try to shorten for now...somehow, I injured a bone in my right big toe which caused the blood supply to be cut off from the bone. The bone began to die, I had a lot of pain exercising and walking for over a year and there is really only one "cure" to remove that pain - they had to do a sesamoidectomy . A sesamoidectomy is the removal of the tiny bone in my foot. If you click here, you can see photos of what they did to my foot...although that is not my foot in the photos...mine are not hairy like that! I would show a photo of my foot, but I will spare you that for now!

I will share a few more things about my surgery and recovery in the next few days (hopefully!).

No comments: