Thursday, February 24, 2011

Time For Change...

All of the rooms in our house can really use some sprucing up and making it "our own." Decorating, choosing paint or any other "accessories" is really not something that I know a lot about, but we finally mustered up some courage to branch out and try our hand at this...first up - our family room!

Back in December, Dawson and I decided that we would start our project after Christmas, however those plans have been put on hold, due to illness in our family...so, for now, we can think about it, dream some more, and do some more research - and actually choose the color that we want for the paint! :)

One item that we did purchase is a new LCD TV. It took us a while to decide which TV to purchase, but I believe that we are happy with the one that we chose. Now, we will have to decide whether we are going to mount it on the wall, or purchase some type of LCD TV stand. There are so many options to choose from, and I have a friend who refinished a dresser to use as a TV stand, you can check it out on her blog! I am not sure what we will do, but for now, our TV is on a little stand - it works!

I am really excited about our future projects, but I know that I need to find some ideas and inspiration for each of the rooms in our house. So, where do you find your inspiration? Any particular books, magazines, blogs, websites???? Help a girl out...give me some suggestions! I need to stretch and grow in this area...and I hope to eventually share future projects with you!

2 comments:

Krazy Klingers said...

Great website for ideas...www.houzz.com You can even create an idea book.

Tiffany said...

That is so exciting! I can't wait to see the great things you do to your home! :)