Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Our First Day Out

I love having Dawson at home. He is an amazing Dad and husband and we have had a really wonderful and well needed vacation. Yesterday, we "ended" this vacation by going to a local park for a picnic lunch and then Dawson played with Brady in the park while Smiles and I played on the blanket. I did put Smiles in the swing for a little bit, but it looked like he was going to fall out, so we enjoyed playing with toys on the blanket and watching Daddy and Brady go down the windy slide again and again and again. It was a lot of fun. We also had to do some errands and included an impromptu visit with my mom, dad and sis and later on with the Ruda Family - it was fun to see them again and briefly catch up.

After an 11 day vacation, Dawson went back to work today - so, it was back to "regular life" for all of us...sort of. One difference now is that we have a minivan, which means that I can get out with the kids once in a while. So, today, I decided that our first trip out would be to the local (tiny) library! I have not been there in ages! I have been there before with Brady, but not since the Intrepid died in October of last year. Brady LOVED it! We picked out four books and then a few videos too - it is nice to have a new one to show him once in a while - with no extra cost to me!

We had a great time and things went smoothly. This was actually the first time that I was out with both of the boys by myself (I think)! One thing that I realized is that I did not have a lot of time to be out. By the time that Brady and Smiles were done with lunch, and diapers were changed and shoes were put on and other lollygagging ceased :) I really only wanted to be out for about 40 minutes because nap time was around the corner - and that is what they are doing now!

I am so thankful for the new minivan that the Lord provided for us! I am still getting used to driving it (I feel so high up!) - but it is great! :)

No comments: