Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Different Vacation

Last week, Dawson was on vacation. We originally were thinking about going away somewhere, but the more that we thought about it, we decided to stay home for the week! We figured that it might be easier to do that with two little ones (ages 1 and 3). There were some things that we have been wanting to get done around the house anyway, so we thought that this could be a chance for us to do some of those things.

When I was thinking about the vacation, I thought to myself - I really want to feel like I am on vacation...at least a little bit...and not just doing the same old thing. So, I realized that I needed to come up with a plan. I decided that I did not want to feel like I was cooking all of the time, but I also did not want to eat out all of the time either. I also wanted the boys (especially Brady) to feel that this was a vacation - so, I decided to plan activities for us to do each morning, before nap time. I will share more about this later in the week.

Now, vacation is over, and Dawson has to go back to work. I will miss not having him around, but I am looking forward to all of the time that I do get to spend with him in the evenings and on the weekends. Speaking of spending time with him...I need to go and do that now! I look forward to sharing more later in the week.

Tomorrow, it will be time to get back into the swing of things...time to exercise again! (Can't wait to see my sis!)

No comments: