Monday, August 6, 2007

August is Here!

I have read in a few different blogs about how it is August already and people are "gearing" up for Back to School. That used to be me too - since I taught high school biology and chemistry, but the last two years have been different for me.

Now that I am a stay at home mom and my child is 19 months old, I do not really have a huge distinction between summer vacation and the school year - well, besides the lack of kids waiting at the bus stop across the street every morning!

Many people have asked me if I want to go back to teaching or when I will go back, and my answer is, "I don't know. It depends on what God has for me and my family." Although there are days where I feel like a failure - the laundry is piling up, the dishes are not completely caught up and I am not sure what is for dinner (because I am not in the routine of defrosting something the night before, yet!), I know that this is where God has me at this time in my life. Working outside of the home would probably add stress to my life - especially if I was doing it because I wanted to do it, not because God had me doing it! I am thankful that I am able to stay at home with my child - playing with him, teaching him new things, and also teaching myself how to get into better routines and stay with them!

Although, I do not have to think too much about "Back to School" for the next few years, I do have to say that I do enjoy getting in on some of the sales that take place! So, for all of you that are preparing for the new school year, be sure to enjoy these last few weeks with your kids!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm cherishing every moment of these last few weeks!

Anonymous said...

You are a great mom.
Do not doubt that.

Anonymous said...

As a teacher these back to school sales always stress me out! I think I'm NOT ready for school yet.

I think it's great you can be a SAHM. I was home for 5 years and LOVED every minute of it. Being a teacher is a great mommy job, you can always sub. too.

Enjoy this special season in your life!! :)