Friday, May 23, 2008

Happy Blog Day to Me!

Today marks my one year anniversary for my blog! Hooray!

Lately, I have not made many entries, but having two young children can really take up a lot of your time...I would not trade them for anything!

I would like to note that our youngest started to take his 3 naps yesterday, and then repeated that again today!!! So, it just took him a little time to get used to his new room, the crib (he was in a pack-n-play before that), and not being swaddled anymore. It was definitely a hard 3 weeks for me, but I am so thankful for all of the people that were praying for us, and for the Lord's help in all of that!

I have discovered a few things about myself through blogging that I am going to share:

1. I love to get great deals. I will not drive all over creation for them, but I am really enjoying all of the deals that I have been able to get at CVS. I have also been able to be more frugal at Giant as well - using coupons for items that I want, and just learning to work the deals! :)

2. I have really enjoyed learning more about some of my friends and meeting new friends through their blogs.

3. Although I am an outgoing person, I am also an private person too. There are many things that go on in my day to day that I do not blog about. Sometimes it is because I am too tired to blog or don't have time, however sometimes I choose not to because I do not want to be judged by others or I don't want advice in that area (just being honest). Some things are too personal and does not need to be on the Internet.

Okay, and to add some fun to the day, here are some things that you may not know about me:

1. I ate cow's intestines once when I was in Guadeloupe - my host family made it for dinner, and it was supposed to be a special meal...I was praying throughout the whole meal that I would not vomit during the meal or afterwards - the Lord answered my prayers! I would not suggest trying this - not too tasty!

2. When I was in kindergarten and my sister was in 4th grade, we were the same height! I was tall for my age and my sister was on the petite side. We were the same height for many years and shared clothes - people actually asked us if we were twins! (we really do not look that similar). Anyway, I am 4 inches taller than her now...but I "look up" to her and I always have!

3. I do like an occasional cup of coffee, but it really makes me thirsty!!! So, I do not drink it that often.

4. I like to watch the show Dancing with the Stars and this is the first season that I voted every week. I am very happy that Kristi Y. won!

5. I did not watch American Idol this season - just too many commercials and we do not have TIVO or anything else like that. I did watch the very end of the last show though to see the results.

6. We do not have cable or cell phones and when we record a show on TV (because we do have an antennae) we use a VCR because our DVD player is not capable to record things. Sometimes I feel like I am in the dark ages, but it is all for the sake of saving money!

7. We have been without a second working vehicle for about 7 or so months. Our Intrepid's engine is dead and we are praying that the Lord shows us what vehicle to purchase. We do not want to have to take out a loan for the car, so we have been saving our money to make that purchase. We know that God has something great in store for us, so we are just waiting on Him to show us!

8. My favorite ice cream is Turkey Hill's Eagles Touchdown Sundae - it is so delicious, but I am sad that it is a seasonal one! I have not found any other ice cream that is similar to this! :(

Well, it is getting late and I need to get to bed soon! Have a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

Hands-Free Heart said...

Happy Blog Day!

We also do not have cable. Our analog television bit the dust a couple months ago, and now that we have a new digital TV, the antenna is hooked to it and not to the VCR, so the VCR can't record anything. I'm trying to figure out how I can record something next week! I also feel in the dark ages when it comes to TiVO and DVR stuff.

Trish said...

Congratulations on the blog anniversary, and it's good to hear that things are going so well on the napping front!

We have the $10 cable package - I would watch way too much if we have the more expensive version. It's funny how we have had three TV's in the last 10 years, but our VCR is over 15 years old and still works fine.

Mrs. C said...

Happy Blog Day to you
Happy Blog Day to you
Happy Blog Day dear Promises
Happy Blog Day to you