Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Sleeping and Naps

I have definitely gone through some more "trials" with this baby than I did with Brady, however, I love him just as much! :)

About two weeks ago, the baby started sleeping extended night - PTL! However, his daytime naps were not on the schedule that they "should" have been on...and there was a lot of crying from the baby and from me too! It has been a really tough 2+ weeks for me, but I feel that there has been a lot of breakthrough during this time.

There are many reasons that could have contributed to why there was so much crying and why the baby would not take his naps during the day - change of scenery, he was not being swaddled anymore, who knows what else! However, the good news is that he is finally feeling safe and secure in his new room and I think that we are also moving to two naps a day...which is a little "early" to do that...however, if that is what he is ready for, then it is fine with me! He is sleeping so much better...so the mommy is doing a lot better too! :) For those that I shared some of this with, thank you so much for your prayers! I really felt strengthened by them!

On another note, he had his four month appointment last week, and the stats are in:

Length 26 inches (90th percentile)
Weight 14 lbs 5 oz (50th percentile)

So, our "little" guy is on the road to being around 6'1" - no real surprise there considering Dawson's and my height! :)

And finally...he rolled over from his back to his stomach for the first time yesterday, and he is loving this new achievement! Brady and I were cheering him on as he was doing it! :)

2 comments:

Kelli said...

So very glad to hear that all is well.

I LOVE to hear how Brady cheers for the new baby when he reaches milestones. It reminds me of my own kids. :)

Mrs. C said...

I'm just praising God for His faithfulness. I just love my nephews and cannot wait to give them more hug-a-bugs.