Monday, May 5, 2008

Monday's Musings: Motherhood



Motherhood brings as much joy as ever, but it still brings boredom, exhaustion, and sorrow too. Nothing else ever will make you as happy or as sad, as proud or as tired, for nothing is quite as hard as helping a person develop his own individuality especially while you struggle to keep your own. ~Marguerite Kelly and Elia Parsons

Ever since I was a little girl, I always knew what I wanted to be...a Mom! It was one of my dreams. I did not really know everything that was involved in being a mom, but I knew that I wanted it to be part of my life. My parents are wonderful and loving and I am so blessed that the Lord placed me in their lives to be their little girl. They have taught me so much about being a parent and I am so thankful to them. However, nothing can completely prepare you for being a mom, until you experience it for yourself.

I love my two little boys. They are so precious to me. I love to snuggle with them and hold them; tickle them and make them laugh. They are beautiful gifts from the Lord and I am so blessed that He chose me to be their Mommy.

Along with this joy, I have definitely experienced the exhaustion - especially in the first few months of the baby's life. I feel that I may not always think or speak clearly, but it all works out - eventually I will say the correct thing! Sleep is definitely a good thing...it is something that I should be doing right now, but I decided that I wanted to blog a little bit first. Last night, my little guy went for 10.5 hours between feedings! PTL!!! The last feeding was around 7:45pm and then he woke up at 6:30am!!! I was so excited and I am looking forward to consistency in this extended night sleeping. I know that I "work" better when I am well rested.

It has been so much fun to see how much Brady has grown up in the past few months - he loves letters and books and loves to learn. It has been fun to enjoy the little guy's smiles and to watch him turn over for the first time last Friday! Brady and I cheered him on! It was so much fun.

I am enjoying the journey of being a mom to two beautiful boys. There is so much to learn and so much to pray about and sometimes it can seem overwhelming, but I am thankful that the Lord is always by my side, helping me to discover all that He has created me to be as a Mom and as an individual, and to also discover the precious gifts that he has poured into my sons' lives. Part of who God created me to be is a mom, and I am thankful for these beautiful boys. Life would not be complete without them.

If you would like to participate in Monday's Musings or check out what other people's thoughts are about this quote, head over to TCC's blog and check it out!

2 comments:

Mrs. C said...

Cute pic!

You are such a great mom!!!

Anonymous said...

Ditto that - it is wonderful to hear how the boys are growing and changing!

Regarding the paragraphs, it looks like you have a paragraph tag at the very beginning of your post and an end paragraph tag at the very end. And the rest of the post has lots of division tags floating around. I would recommend going into Edit HTML and removing all those tags (except the ones around the quote) and then adding the spaces you want. Hope this helps!