Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Celebrating Six

Last Sunday was our six year anniversary! I think that it is amazing that Dawson and I have been married that long! Sometimes it feels like it has not been six whole years and other times it feels like it has been forever! :)

On Sunday, I was thinking back to our wedding day and remembering the different parts of the ceremony, picture taking and the reception. It was a beautiful day and we had a wonderful time. One of my favorite parts was the ceremony. I was not the type that had my wedding planned when I was six years old, but I always did dream of marrying the One that God had chosen for me. I cried before walking down the aisle, while walking down the aisle and during parts of the ceremony - not a hard cry (I did not want to mess up the make-up and I wanted to look pretty in the photos! I actually had given my dad and Dawson a hanky to place in their pockets in case I did cry - that was good planning!)...in fact, only one of my eyes had tears that came out of it. They were tears of joy - my dream had come true. Dawson was the One that I had waited 28 years to marry and to spend the rest of my life with! He is one of my promises that the Lord fulfilled to me.

Over the past six years, we have been through a lot - the tough times and the good times have brought us closer together. We now have two beautiful boys - and our littlest guy celebrated being five months old on our anniversary! :)

I am thankful that the Lord placed Dawson and me together as husband and wife. We are thankful for all that the Lord has done in our lives, for what He is doing in our lives, and for what is to come. The Lord has very special plans for us as individuals and as a married couple and I want all that He has for us!

And in Dawson's (paraphrased) words that he prayed on Sunday, "Thank you Lord for giving us the past six years together and we pray for a thousand more together!"

I love you Dawson! Thank you for all of the fun memories that we have had so far. I am excited to see all that God has for you and me! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you Sweetums

Melissa said...

How sweet! Congratulations!

Trish said...

Happy Anniversary to You! May the Lord bless you with a wonderful year.