Saturday, November 24, 2007

Our Thanksgiving Day

I LOVE Thanksgiving! I love everything about it! Spending time with family, giving thanks to the Lord for what He has done in our lives, and the delicious dinner. It is so appropriate that we have begun to host it for our families!

In attendance was my sister, Simms, Jeter, and Barber, Grammie and Poppy, Grandpa, Nanny, and Uncle BJ. Brady enjoyed playing with his cousins and did not want to take his nap! Once we got him upstairs, he was fine and went to sleep - however, I think that he was so excited about his family being here, that he only slept for about one and a half hours, rather than his normal 3ish hours. Oh, well! We all had a great time.

For dinner, we had my favorite Thanksgiving dishes - some may refer to it as Betty Crockerish, and that is fine with me - I LOVE IT and look forward to it! For appetizers, we keep it simple and healthy - cheese and crackers, grapes, apples, and stuffed eggs. For dinner, we had a delicious roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, broccoli/cauliflower casserole, gravy, clover leaf buns, pumpkin bread and cranberry sauce (I think that I remembered everything! It was so delicious! It is also wonderful that all family members bring something for the dinner! That is a blessing and a help in the preparation!

Dessert is always delicious too! My mom made the pies - pumpkin, apple, pecan, and a chocolate pecan with homemade whipped cream! Mmm mmm good!

During dinner, we go around the table to say what we are thankful for. I enjoy this part - it is a time when you can hear what is on people's hearts. It is a wonderful conversation. Even Brady said that he was thankful for milk...OK, it was perfect timing when I asked him what he was thankful for, and he asked me for milk...it was cute.

I am thankful that I am able to have my family and Dawson's family all over at the same time. I am thankful that the parents get along so well. We always have a nice time together. I am thankful for my personal relationship with the Lord, and how I am continuing to grow in Him. I am thankful for a wonderful husband who is always there for me and is a great encourager to me. I am thankful for my born and unborn sons. They are precious gifts to me - Brady always brings a smile to my face and I know that his brother will too (less than 6 weeks away until his due date). I am very thankful that I have a sister who is also my BFF - I really need to get together with her again though! We have both been so busy - I really do miss her! My friends are so special to me too. God has placed wonderful friends in my life who I enjoy getting together with. There are so many things that I am thankful for - the list goes on...

I hope that all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving too! Now, it is time for me to focus on getting ready for Christmas, baby arrival, and Brady's birthday party - maybe in that order, we will see! :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love to read about your grateful heart and all the things (people) you cherish!

Whenever I read about you and TCC's friendship it reminds me to pray that my own girls are that close when they grow up!