Thursday, November 29, 2007

Running Errands

This morning, Brady and I road with Dawson to work - I need to do a few errands, and this is the only way to get them done during the day, since we are currently a one car family. So, we were all up and dressed to leave by around 7:30ish.

After dropping Dawson off at work - and visiting a little bit (the bladder was full already!), Brady and I started on our adventure...

We went to the chiro for our adjustment, went to the bank and then we went to BJ's. Brady does not always like to be in the cart, but I definitely "persuade" him to sit in it, so that I can quickly move through the store. We picked up our few items, and then went to check out. Brady was trying to get out of the cart, but I firmly told him that he needed to stay seated and that he was not allowed to climb out because that it dangerous. He cried a little bit, but he did obey - PTL. Usually when he cries a little bit, his nose might produce some boogies - as with anyone. I really did not notice anything at that moment - I was doing the self check out. When I was leaving the store, I noticed that something was on his jacket - what in the world was that? So, I went to pick it off of his jacket and realized...I now have a boogie on my fingers! What do I do with it? I did not have any tissues in my jacket, so I had to wait until we got to the car to take care of it - yuck!...but, part of being a mom!

After BJ's, we went to the bread outlet, and then headed over to an Asian store. The store is usually open from 8-5:30, but they had a sign on the door that said that they were closed and would return at 11:00...it was only 10:15! There was no way that we were going to wait around for that!

So, we headed over to Grammie and Poppy's house for a little visit - and my sister and Barber were also there for a visit! How nice! The two boys played together for a while, and then it was time to head home.

A busy morning, but it was nice to get out of the house! I actually enjoyed running the errands - and Brady was a good boy (overall) - he is a great helper, and I know that he will continue to be that way when the baby arrives!

Well, now that the afternoon nap is in session, it is time to do some more cooking and baking. I think that I will attempt to make the chocolate cream pie and some coleslaw. We will see what happens!

No comments: