Friday, November 28, 2008

Some May Call It "Crazy" - but, We Had Fun!

As some of you know, I do enjoy "shopping" at CVS. They had special deals that started on Thanksgiving Day and ends Saturday - so, you can still try and get some of them, if you are up to it! Click here to see a scan of the add, courtesy of hot coupon world.

I was really excited to go out and grab up the deals that were free after ECBs, and I wanted to be sure that I was able to get all of the items on my list, so I decided that I was going to go to the 24 hour CVS, so that I would be able to make my purchases right after midnight on Thanksgiving Day - yes, I was hosting Thanksgiving...so, I just made sure that everything was ready before I left! My mom decided to go with me, and we had a lot of fun (my sis would have come to, but she was at her in-laws for the holiday).

So, here was my plan - mom and I left her house at 11:00pm, and drove to the 24 hour CVS. I figured that we could collect all of the items that were on our list and organize them into the different transactions that we were going to do. Then, once it was after midnight, we could begin checking out and receive out ECBs for the items! There were no other shoppers there when we arrived - but at least 5 or more came in after midnight! So, we were glad that we got there when we did, so that we got first pick of everything!

We did not get home until after 1am, but we had a great time, and then I did not have to think about being ready to leave my house around 8:00am so that I could go to my local CVS to do my "shopping".

This is all of the after Thanksgiving shopping that I did (well, I guess that it really was before Thanksgiving!). I thought about going on Black Friday, but decided to get some sleep instead!

I don't want to take the time to write out all of the transactions that I did, but below is a list of the items that I purchased- which was worth about $200 before the sale price and the Extra care bucks that I received back! I spent about $2.00 of cash (actually it was paid with a $25 gift card that I received when I had a prescription filled there), and ended up with $35 more ECBs than I started with (due to the coupons that I used). The coupons that I used are listed after below the product (thanks to slickdeals). "SS" = Smart Source coupon insert "V" = Valassis

CVS 3-Day FREE after ECB items:
Colgate Total Advanced, Clean, Advanced Fresh or Whitening $2.99 get $2.99 (Limit 2)
$1/1 (12-6-08) SS 11/16/08

Aussie hair product $2.99 (Limit 2)
$1/1 SS10/12/08

Johnson's Soft Lotion $5.69 (Limit 1)

Gatorade G2 20 oz $1.49 (Limit 3)
buy 4, use 2 coupons Gatorade G2 from Beauty Book (found at CVS)$1/2

Hershey's King Size Bars $1.00 (Limit 1)

Bic Soliel $5.99 (Limit 2)
Bic Soleil System Razor, any $3/1 SS 11/2/08 $2 on any Razor Purchase of $10 or more CRT (a coupon that is printed on some Customer Receipt Tape - I did not get one, but my mom did)

Garnier Nutritioniste cleansing towelettes(25 ct.) $5.99 (Limit 1)
Garnier Nutritioniste Cleanser or Moisturizer, any $1 (11-30-08) V 8/24/08

Maybelline Foundation $8.99 (Limit 1) - Recycled from 11/23 ad
$3 Maybelline Foundation RP 10/26, Exp 1/26/09

5 hr Energy 2pk $3.99 (Limit 1)

Magnovox Remote or Phillilps IPOD Headphones $6.99 (Limit 2)

L'Oreal lipgloss $6.99 (Limit 2)
L'Oreal Lipcolour, any $1 (1-25-09) V 11/2/08

Sally Hansen Max Growth $3.79 (Limit 1)
Sally Hansen Q from paper (don't know which one) Sally Hansen Nail Color or Nail Treatment, $3 on 2, Beauty book 12/31/08

Covergirl Smoothers Foundation $7.99 (Limit 1)
Cover Girl Product, any $1 (11-30-08) P & G 10/12/08

Covergirl Smoothers Powder $5.99 (Limit 1)
Cover Girl Product, any $1 (11-30-08) P & G 10/12/08

Other ECB Deals
$3 ECB wyb Playtex 16-18ct for $3.99 Limit 1
Playtex Gentle Glide $1, 10/5 SS

$6 ECB wyb Schick Quattro Razor or Trimmer for $7.99 Limit 1
Schick Titanium Trimmer $2 printable 10/19/08

B1G1 DealsPrice listed is for one
Soft & Dri Pulse or Right Guard $.99
Soft & Dri or Dry Idea Anti Perspirant & Deodorant any (excludes trial size) $1/2, SS1 10/5

So, did you do any special shopping this weekend?

1 comment:

Emily said...

I got to the 24-hour CVS around 6:30a.m. and all of the razors were gone!!!! Screwed up my transactions!