Monday, May 25, 2009

Healthy Living: Our Goals

We have now been exercising for 4 weeks, and it has been great to have 2 friends that are my accountability partners and my encouragers.

We came up with 6 weekly goals when we started "To incorporate healthy eating and exercise in daily life and decision making," and I would like to share those with you.

1. Exercise three times per week. Choices: the 30-day shred (this is a great workout! I have already seen great results) or walking for 25 minutes and 3 minutes of abs. I opt to do the the 30-day shred.

2. No candy or sweets (we have made an exception on the day of a birthday party or a holiday)

3. Loss of 1 1/2 pounds per week - this should happen as we exercise and eat well. We know that we are also building muscle, so our weight may fluctuate a little bit.

4. Increase our water intake - Basically take your weight and divide by two. The number that you get should be the number of ounces of water that you should drink each day...and increase that number a little bit if you would like to lose weight! (yes, I am peeing a lot!)

5. See a loss in measurements. We decided to take our measurements, so that we will not only get encouraged by the number of pounds that we are losing, but also the inches!

6. No snacks after 8 pm.

It has been so good to have accountability partners while I am working on these goals! We all meet once a week and exercise and go over our goals, take measurements, etc, and it is great. That type of accountability has encouraged me to abide by these rules to a greater extent than if I was trying to do this on my own.

Are you trying to live healthier? Have you made any goals? Do you have an accountability partner? I would love to hear what you are doing...or would like to do!

No comments: