I have to admit, that I did not completely understand all of the different stages of toothbrushes that are designed for children. Thanks to a representative from the Oral-B company, I have learned about the importance of having a toothbrush designed for the stage that they are currently at and I also learned how to continue to teach my children to brush correctly!
Check out the video below that was taken at a blogger event in New York at a fun, kid-friendly venue and features some great information from Dr. Laura Jana, M.D., author and founder of Practical Parenting Consulting, LLC – she is also mother of three:
I did appreciate the information that was included in this video, and when I brush my 3 year-old's teeth, I have been singing to him - and he liked it! I hope that you found a tip or two helpful to you as well!
Here are a few other tips that Oral-B Stages put together to "Make Brushing Fun"
- Brush your teeth with your child to set a good example. This also helps your child to learn by watching and imitating you.
- Choose toothbrushes and toothpaste with popular kids’ characters, like Oral-B Stages, to help establish positive oral care routines with familiar friends like Winnie the Pooh or Disney Princesses.
- Sing your child’s favorite song, such as “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star,” for two minutes to encourage brushing for the dentist-recommended time. For older children, play a song from their favorite pop singer for two minutes.
- Making your child’s brushing routine fun will encourage proper habits early and help prevent oral care issues later in life.
- For more information please visit, www.oralb.com/kidscare
Now, for the GIVEAWAY:
A representative for the Oral-B company provided me with four toothbrushes (one from each of the 4 stages), a tube of Baby tooth and gum cleanser and a tube of anticavity fluoride toothpaste to give away to one of my readers! How cool is that.
All that you need to do to enter is submit a comment which includes a way for me to contact you (either an email address or through your blog). This is open to bloggers and nonbloggers. Only one comment per person.
Comments will be closed on Monday, June 1st by 5pm. I will then choose a winner and contact that person!