Friday, July 18, 2008

Smiles!


I have been trying to decide what name I should give our little baby for my blog...because he is not going to be a baby forever!

So, I have decided that his blog name should be exactly what he brings into our lives...

Smiles!

I am so thankful that the Lord placed Smiles into our family. He is such a happy baby and fun to be around. He smiles a lot and he spreads the joy that is welling up in him, on to others. There have been some hard times too, but the Lord has helped me through them - sometimes with just a smile from my little guy. I love being his and Brady's Mommy.

Smiles is now 6 months old and is 28 inches, 17 lbs. 5 oz., and he loves life and (most) people. If he is "not sure" about you, he will keep his eyes on you, no matter what else is going on around him (just ask Poppy! Although, he is fine with Poppy now.).

Today, he hit another milestone...he FINALLY rolled over from his belly to his back!!! PTL!!! He has been rolling from his back to his belly for quite some time, but was not going the other way. Grammie and Poppy witnessed it before I did - but that was okay with me! I am so ecstatic that he is doing it now - now I won't have to "save him"!

Smiles LOVES his big brother, Brady (the feeling is mutual) and he enjoys playing with him - you can see them playing tug-of-war with one of Brady's blankets.

I am so thankful that the Lord placed these two little men of God into my lives. They are a blessing to me.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

How sweet! And, may that be a prophetic name , as well....that he bring joy into the lives of everyone around him!

Mrs. C said...

Love the pic!

Woohoo about the milestone. Does this mean better naps?!?

The Gang's Momma! said...

cute, cute! and he's a big six months old. our aidan was only 11.9 lbs at 6 months and 25"!!! tiny girl :) love the pic - he's got a gorgeous smile!

Krazy Klingers said...

He is so adorable! And so is his big brother! And my nephew is 18lbs. and only 4 months!

Trish said...

What a great name for him and the perfect picture of the two brothers!