Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fun in the Kitchen

I really enjoy cooking and baking. It is fun to find new recipes to try out and to enjoy the final product. Having young children has definitely made it more difficult to find the time to spend in the kitchen - I still make dinner (and breakfast and lunch), but it is not always as creative as I would like it to be...but it is still good!

Anyway, on Sunday I was able to spend a few hours in the kitchen - Dawson spent time with the kids...and my mother in law came over to weed for me! I am so blessed!

What did I make? Nothing spectacular, but I used what I had in the fridge and on the counters so that my ingredients would not go bad! The fruits of my labor included: baked ziti, zucchini au gratin, sliced green, red, and purple peppers for fajitas, prepped eggplant to fry up and make into eggplant parmesan, apple sauce - for us and Smiles, and I pureed plums/prunes for Smiles - he loves it and since they had fresh ones at the orchard we went to, I figured that it would be cheaper for me to make some for him! Today, I also added pureed nectarines to Smile's baby food!

It was fun and I was happy to see that those fruits and veggies would not be neglected any longer, but they were made into some yummy meals! I need to get back into the kitchen tomorrow and make a few more things. I have a whole chicken to bake, pears to make into something, a peach Kuchen that wants to be made and probably many more things to come! We will see what tomorrow holds...beside our trip to the library! Brady was so excited that we were going to the library again, that he kept asking if we could go tonight! It was definitely a test of patience for him...I am so excited that he enjoys reading!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Nothing spectacular? Are you kidding? Those sound like pretty amazing meals to me!!

Tiffany said...

Wowsers! That is amazing to me. I'll keep my schedule free just in case you need me to come and eat anything.

The Literary Gourmet said...

My heart is singing! You made an unending feast worthy of Thanksgiving AND you're topping it all off with a trip to the Library.
You're incredible!