Saturday, September 27, 2008

Making It Through

This week, some type of illness hit our a wave.

After we got home from the library on Wednesday, and ate lunch, I noticed that Brady felt a little hot. Sure enough, he had a 101.4 temperature! He also had symptoms of the "common cold" - runny nose, his mouth hurt (I think that he had a sore throat) and he was tired looking. The fever lasted for two whole days (Wed-Thurs). Now, he still has a little bit of a runny nose and an occasional cough. Thank you Lord for You healing!

The cold hit me on Thursday. I was not surprised. Brady has been snuggling with me (how could I say no!) and giving me lots of hugs and kisses. It was inevitable that I would get hit with the cold also - although I was praying that I wouldn't get it! Anyway, I went to bed at 9pm on Thursday evening - which was early for me!

That evening was eventful though -
*9:15pm - Smiles cried out at - not sure what the problem was
*10:30ish - Smiles cries out again - he pooped. Thankfully, Dawson took care of him...the cold had gone to my head and there was not way that I was going to get out of bed...and Dawson did not ask me to! He is so great!
*2am, we hear a a big thump and crying/screaming. Brady had fallen out of bed! Somehow, he managed to get over the guardrail!!! Thankfully, he was fine, just a little shaken up. He must have had his butt in the air, sleeping on his belly and rolled over - that is just a guess. I have no idea how he would have managed to fall out otherwise! All was quiet until...
* 6:15 - I hear Smiles waking up. He was fine in his crib until about 6:45 - when I went in to nurse him

So, that was Thursday night. Can I just say that I was ready to call in sick on Friday! However, since that does not work for a SAHM, I decided that we would keep the day low key. I was still not feeling well - just well enough to take care of the kids. So, we watched videos for most of the day, ate food and took naps - I really did not get a really good one. Dawson came home a little early, and I gave the kids to him and crawled into bed.

Do you know what was so cute? Brady came upstairs, just to be with Mommy. He sat and laid on the bed with me. He just kind of hung out with me while I was resting. I remember doing that with my mom - it was cute.

Today, I am feeling a lot better - just a cough and stuffy nose...however, Dawson is coming down with this! So, please keep us in your prayers!


Trish said...

Yuck! I hope this passes quickly and you are all feeling better soon. :)

Anonymous said...

I tagged you (completely optional if you want to play along)!