Friday, October 12, 2007

Contractions

Yesterday, I had an appointment with one of the midwives in the practice that I go to. I was explaining an aching feeling that I sometimes have in the pelvic area - I just figured it was because of the weight above that area! She told me that I am probably having Braxton Hicks contractions - and when I have one, it is causing things to push down and hence the achy feeling that I have at times! She also told me the the Braxton Hicks can actually occur more often in the second (or third or fourth, etc) pregnancy - I have not looked all of this up yet, but it is news to me!

I was like - really? So, today I have been a little more aware of things going on in my body. It is very infrequent, but I have noticed a VERY MILD contraction a few minutes ago - and the funny thing is that I have felt this sensation every once in a while, but I thought to myself - maybe that is a ligament stretching. I believe that I was wrong about that!

Anyway, I remember having feelings like this in the first pregnancy, but I did not realize that it was one of these Braxton Hicks contractions! I am just glad that I do not have them often (especially being only 28.5 weeks pregnant!)! I probably have one or two a day - I really do not know, that is just a guess!

So, that is the main pregnancy update!

Oh, I got the results in from my glucose test - I was at 112 and they want us to be 130 or below - so, that was good news! I also had my rhogam shot yesterday - that was not very exciting, but important to have (if you are negative blood type). Tomorrow is another ultrasound to be sure that the placenta has moved away from the cervix - so, it will be cool to see our little guy again - and it will be an interesting time since Brady will be along with us tomorrow! Hopefully, he will think that it is cool too!

No comments: