Turbo Tax is kicking off their second annual nationwide search for America's Cutest Last-Minute Tax Deduction. The winner will receive a United States savings bond worth $5,000 (up to $10,000 upon maturity).
In order to be eligible for the contest, the parent or guardian would need to:
1. Have your baby born between Dec. 1-31, 2008
2. Enter the contest and submit a photo of your newest "last-minute" tax deduction at http://www.cutesttaxdeduction.com/
Baby Owen was the winner last year, and you can check him out in the following video:
Now, for the GIVEAWAY! This is open to anyone who had a baby or knows a baby that was born in 2008 and would like to share this little "present" with them! Here is a photo of the romper/onesie that I have to giveaway:
Turbo Tax has given me FIVE of these rompers/onesies to giveaway. The size of the onesie is six months, so if your baby will fit into this now (or in the future) you are eligible to receive one of these!
To enter this giveaway:
1. Leave a comment on this post.
2. Be sure that you have left a way for me to contact you - either through your blog or email
This contest will be open until December 31st, 2008 at 11:59 EST
The winners will be announced on January 1st (or really soon after that! My son's birthday is the 2nd!)
Here are a few other interesting tax tips for you:
1. Any new baby in 2008 could deliver a $1,000 child tax credit. This is a gift that keeps on giving until they turn 17.
2. Be sure to file a new W-4 form with your employer to claim an additional withholding "allowance which may help boost your take-home pay.
3. There's also a tax credit, worth as much $11,650 in 2008, to help offset the cost of adopting a child.