Saturday, December 27, 2008

It Was At Least 20 to 25!

As I stated in my last post, we spent Christmas day at my sister's house. We had a great time!

After dinner, we were in the kitchen talking and getting ready for dessert. My sister was at the sink and I was across from her, leaning against the counter while watching Smiles crawl around the kitchen. I had just followed him in from the family room, and I am so glad and thankful that I did!

I have to tell you that he took his first official step the day after he was 11 months (December 9th) - which is exactly what his Brady did! Since Smiles, he would stand up, get his balance while not holding on to anything and then he would smile (of course) as he took between 2-4 steps towards me, while falling into my lap. I figured that he would walk soon, but thought that it was a few weeks away.

Ok, back to the kitchen. Smiles crawled over to the fridge, and climbed into his standing position. I got my sister's attention to look at Smiles, and I am sure that she is glad that I did, because then he did something that he had never done before. He started to WALK!!! He walked from the fridge, to her sink, then somehow turned around and walked back to the fridge!!! He probably took over 20-25 steps - maybe even 30-35, and even steadied himself a few times!!! I was so amazed and excited...and Dawson, my mom and Brady walked into the kitchen while this was happening, which made it even better! We were all so proud of little Smiles, and so we all clapped for him, and he joined us with the clapping, which was so cute!

I am so proud of my little guy, and I am so excited that I was there and got to see the whole thing! He has not taken that many steps again since then...but, watch out world, here he comes! :)

1 comment:

Krazy Klingers said...

I absolutely love this stage!