Monday, December 1, 2008

Resting In His Presence

We are home from the surgery. Everything went well. We actually did not get to talk with the doctor afterwards - he had to go straight into another surgery, but the nurse gave us great instructions as to how to care for Smiles. So, we will see the doctor in 7-10 days for the post op appt.

Smiles did fine without his morning feeding. He was so interested in everything that was going on around him - he did not even once hint at being hungry (plus, I fed him at 11:30 pm the night before, which I am sure helped!).

The Lord gave all of us such amazing peace and I continue to declare Joshua 1:9 over Smiles - "Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God is with you, wherever you go" (My paraphrasing).

The only time that I heard Smiles cry (before the surgery) was after the nurse turned the corner when she was carrying him to surgery. The anesthesiologist told me beforehand that if Smiles was crying when he was brought into surgery, that it was actually not a bad thing, because he would inhale the anesthesia faster and would be sedated faster - so, I was not worried at all.

The doctor gave Smiles a little teddy bear that was dressed at a surgeon - it is so cute and Smiles liked playing with it before surgery.

We were called back to the recovery room about 35 minutes after we had left Smiles. The surgery took only about 15 minutes (I asked - I am always curious about those things).

After surgery, Smiles was groggy from coming out of the anesthesia, so I nursed him and then held him and sang to him songs like, "Jesus Loves Me" and "I love you, Lord" and he was at peace in his Mommy's arms.

Smiles is now sleeping, so I am going to try and sneak a nap in too (Dawson is already napping)! I have been up since 5:30 am (and did not get to sleep until about 12:30 am), so this momma is a little tired! My mom has Brady over at her house, so for now, I do not need to be concerned about him - thank you, Grammie and Poppy!

Thank you for all of your prayers. I did sense the peace of God all around us!

No comments: